Last modified: June 1, 2022
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is a member of the PRIVO Kids Privacy Assured COPPA safe harbor certification Program (“the Program”). The Program certification applies to the digital properties listed on the certification page that is viewable by clicking on the PRIVO Seal. PRIVO is an independent, third-party organization committed to safeguarding children's personal information collected online. The PRIVO COPPA safe harbor certification Seal posted on this page indicates Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. has established COPPA compliant privacy practices and has agreed to submit to PRIVO’s oversight and consumer dispute resolution process. If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us at (626) 799-9898 or PrivacyLegal@pandarg.com. If you have further concerns after you have contacted us, you can contact PRIVO directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect from Children
Children may access many parts of the Children’s Site and its content and use many of its features without providing us with personal information.. A child may provide us with their age range in order to participate in activities that are age appropriate. Additionally, we use certain technologies, such as cookies, to automatically collect information from parents and children when they visit the Children’s Site.
We only collect as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in an activity, and we do not condition his or her participation on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary. We do not ask for or collect any personal information from children related to student education records, biometric or health data. If any personal information of a child is collected, we will first obtain parental consent.
Information We Collect Automatically
We use technology to automatically collect information from parents and children when they access and navigate through the Children’s Site. Information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including but not limited to details of your visits to the Children’s Site, like traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data. We may collect personal information via your cell phone, smartphone, computer and tablet such as your internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Children’s Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Children’s Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Children’s Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Child's Information
We use the information we collect from your child to:
- Customize the content displayed according to age ranges when a child uses our educational services so that their experience is appropriate for their skill level;
- Analyze use of the Children’s Site to understand, develop and improve our services, such as determining which pages are most popular, which browsers are most used, how long users spend on the Children’s Site, and from which websites they come;
- Otherwise support the internal operations of the Children’s Site;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce the Terms and Conditions for Services; and
- For any other purposes disclosed to you or your child at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Speed up your searches.
How We Share Your Child's Information
We do not share, sell, rent, or transfer children's personal information other than as described in this section. We may disclose aggregated information about many of our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device. In addition, we may disclose children's personal information:
- To service providers we use to support the internal operations of our Children’s Site and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential.
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Panda, the Children’s Site, our guests, a child or others and to enable us to take precautions against liability.
- To law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
In addition, if Panda is involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Panda's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding or event, we may transfer the personal information we have collected or maintain to the buyer or other successor.
We encourage parents to educate their children about safety online and to carefully monitor their children's use of social features to ensure they do not disclose their personal information through them.
Information Regarding Parental Consent, Access, and Deletion
As Panda does not collect personal information, we are not able to identify your child and therefore are not able to fulfill modification, access, correction, deletion, or portability requests
If Panda ever does in the future collect, use or disclose personal information from your child, we will endeavor to obtain a parent’s consent before doing so or otherwise comply with the law. We will not keep personal information for longer than necessary. Parents may also contact us to ask if we have collected their child's personal account information, to review that information, if any, and request that Panda stop collecting this information and have it deleted. Such requests are subject to Panda verifying to our satisfaction that the requester is in fact the child's parent.
Operators that Collect or Maintain Information from Children
The following are all operators that may collect or maintain personal information from children through the Children’s Site:
If you would like further information on these third party service providers please contact us at PrivacyLegal@pandarg.com
The Children’s Site uses generally accepted security measures and safeguards in an attempt to keep the data it collect secure and requires that the service providers we work with do the same. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measure are prefect or impenetrable.
If you are in the U.S., you may also contact us by email at PrivacyLegal@pandarg.com with the subject line “Privacy Rights,” by calling 1 (800) 877-8988 or by writing to us at:
1683 Walnut Grove Ave.
Rosemead, CA 91770